Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Who is the new Historical?

Lately, the doll world has been very hectic. Tons of things have happened and are going on.
Like.....

~Beforever (Samantha's Back!)
~New Retro Our Generation
~Rumors on 2015 GOTY

And of course....

RUMOURS ON THE NEW AMERICAN GIRL HISTORICAL!

These rumors suggest that the new doll will be Historical, named Mary Ellen, and from the 50's.
  Personally, I am very excited because...
A.) I love historicals
B.) The leaked photos of the doll are 100% adorable
C.) The 50's are my FAVORITE time period! I love Audrey Hepburn, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra,
Mickey Mouse Club, Sock hops, Greasers, Drive-ins, Poodle Skirts, etc.

Who doesn't love the 50's!!!!!!!!

Before I show the pictures, I would like to talk about a few things.

Polio
Possibly this doll will have Polio.

Civil Rights Movement
Many people predict the doll's story will involve the Civil Rights Movement
but I do not think so. The Civil Rights Movement was from 1955-1968, which is
mainly in the 60's. If they do have a Civil Rights Movement Doll, she will probably live in the 1960's.
The Issue? Julie Albright, another American Girl is from 1974, roughly 10 years away.
 This is a close, so I do not think it will happen. Plus, when I think of the 50's, I picture sock hops,
poodle skirts, drive-ins, etc. I'm not saying a Civil Rights Movement Doll is a bad idea though.
I think she'd be pretty cool if they made one.


Here she is...


 Photo From http://livingadollslife.blogspot.com/


She is adorable. I love how original she is, I do not think I have ever seen a doll like her.
Her collection looks already so cute, and hopefully isn't too expensive. I can
tell she will have a lot of Mary Jane shoes in her collection!

Overall,
I think I will definitely get Mary Ellen and her outfits. They
are just too cute to pass up.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your
thoughts and opinions, but please do
not swear. If you swear in the comments
they will be not be approved to be posted.